The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Helpdesk Technician will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Helpdesk Support – Including but not limited to password resets, account creations, account terminations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Helpdesk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows Operating System support (version XP, 7, 8, etc.), Microsoft Office (version 2007, 2010, etc.) support, Active Directory Maintenance, Microsoft Exchange/Email support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Vendor Management – Work directly with IT vendors to obtain support, repair and warranty information
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed
- 1 to 2 years of experience in help desk/desktop support position
- College degree or equivalent certification
- Proficient in Microsoft family of products (Windows, Office and Server)
- Strong written and interpersonal skills; customer service experience
- Able to work independently within a team environment
The position will work in the New York Office and is expected to be on-site
International Rescue Committee - 17 months ago
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their...