Assists drivers with providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal for residential and commercial customers.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Climbs onto and off of the truck to load refuse, waste and poly carts.
- Lifts and carries trash bags, bulk items and containers to the truck for disposal.
- May ride on the outside of the truck while servicing residential customers in low MPH areas.
- Operates packing mechanism and various levers/handles to activate lifting/loading mechanism.
- Assists Driver in safely backing up the truck by directing the Driver from the ground.
- Cleans behind the compactor blade with shovel and hoe when directed.
- Reports any safety or customer service related issues to driver and supervisor, immediately.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills and ensures customers containers are replaced properly.
- Sprays and cleans the hopper and truck at the end of each shift or as needed. Pushes containers on casters to and from the truck.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by April 11, 2013, by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #4855-04052013-02.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- No prohibitions to acquiring a commercial drivers licence
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Adequate reading skills to be able to see and understand street signs and safety warnings.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers.
- Dependability – Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Endurance – Sticks with the task until it is completed in the most productive and safe manner. Works through challenges.
- Ethics – Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as Republic Services’ policies and rules. Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Services’ safety rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, gloves, safety glasses, boots, hardhat and safety vest.
- Tools including, but not limited to, broom and shovel.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Exposure to moving traffic while collecting waste containers
- On a regular basis, work entails visits to disposal sites in which incumbent would be exposed to loud noise, dust and odor.
- Depending on the residential route and vehicles available, the employee may be working within a Rear Loader, Front Loader or Manual Side Loader vehicle and occasionally handle 5 yard waste containers if servicing apartment complexes.
- Occasional lifting up to 100 pounds on bulk item days with constant lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional carry 3-5 ft and push and pull up to 100 pounds force.
- Constant push / pull up to 50 pounds force.
- Occasional crawling, kneeling, ladder climbing and overhead reaching.
- Frequent climbing on/off vehicle, walking, crouching and grasping.
- Constant standing, stooping and forward reaching
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Republic Services - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -