Assists drivers with providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal for residential and commercial customers.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Climbs onto and off of the truck to load refuse, waste and poly carts.
- Lifts and carries trash bags, bulk items and containers to the truck for disposal.
- May ride on the outside of the truck while servicing residential customers in low MPH areas.
- Operates packing mechanism and various levers/handles to activate lifting/loading mechanism.
- Assists Driver in safely backing up the truck by directing the Driver from the ground.
- Cleans behind the compactor blade with shovel and hoe when directed.
- Reports any safety or customer service related issues to driver and supervisor, immediately.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills and ensures customers containers are replaced properly.
- Sprays and cleans the hopper and truck at the end of each shift or as needed. Pushes containers on casters to and from the truck.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #20130068.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- No prohibitions to acquiring a commercial drivers licence
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Adequate reading skills to be able to see and understand street signs and safety warnings.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
- Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers.
- Dependability – Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Endurance – Sticks with the task until it is completed in the most productive and safe manner. Works through challenges.
- Ethics – Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as Republic Services’ policies and rules. Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Services’ safety rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, gloves, safety glasses, boots, hardhat and safety vest.
- Tools including, but not limited to, broom and shovel.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Exposure to moving traffic while collecting waste containers
- On a regular basis, work entails visits to disposal sites in which incumbent would be exposed to loud noise, dust and odor.
- Depending on the residential route and vehicles available, the employee may be working within a Rear Loader, Front Loader or Manual Side Loader vehicle and occasionally handle 5 yard waste containers if servicing apartment complexes.
- Occasional lifting up to 100 pounds on bulk item days with constant lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional carry 3-5 ft and push and pull up to 100 pounds force.
- Constant push / pull up to 50 pounds force.
- Occasional crawling, kneeling, ladder climbing and overhead reaching.
- Frequent climbing on/off vehicle, walking, crouching and grasping.
- Constant standing, stooping and forward reaching.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...