Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 13,700 units and over 1.6 billion operating hours in 96 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1.1 to 22 megawatts). Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
TurboFab, a facility of Solar Turbines, specializes in the fabrication of generator and turbine platforms, as well as pipe spooling, process skid and turbine base assembly, painting, testing, electrical assembly, and instrumentation .
TurboFab is a fully-integrated, wholly-owned fabrication and machining facility located just east of Houston along the Carpenter's Bayou Barge Canal in Channelview, Texas. TurboFab fabricates many products for both Solar Turbines and Caterpillar, in taking great advantage of its 1200 feet of waterfront access and 50-acre state-of-the-art facility. Some of the products presently produced by TurboFab include: Turbine package bases for all Solar product lines, Large single lift module systems - weighing up to 1000 tons each, Skid-mounted fuel treatment systems, Process equipment skids, Pipe valve skids and Caterpillar power generation package containers.
This position is accountable to assist workers in the various departments throughout the plant.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Depending on the department they are hired, helpers perform but are not limited to the following: keeping work area clean, sweeping, cleaning machines, equipment, tools, benches, tables, restrooms and floors, cut yard and do landscaping. Hold and position parts. Grinds, chips rough edges. Positions and turns clamps. Bolds together butt straps or parts using tools and/or power wrenches. Transports tools, fixtures, and/or equipment. Helpers are hired throughout all departments of the company.
Comply with all of TurboFab’s Environmental, Health and Safety Programs, Regulations and Guidelines.
2. Must keep all areas clean and orderly; and comply with TurboFab’s housekeeping procedures.
3. Holds and positions parts.
4. Grinds and chips rough edges as required.
5. Uses hammers and other tools to perform job.
6. Must work safely and abide by safety rules and regulations.
7. Transports tools, fixtures, and/or equipment as required.
8. Trains other less experienced helpers.
· This position is for the helper with more than three years of experience and requires minimal supervision to perform duties assigned.
· Must have the ability to perform the duties described herein.
· Must exhibit the skills and willingness to perform assigned tasks in a fully competent manner.
· Must have knowledge of tools used in the industry.
· Must be able to get along with others.
· Must be able to verbally communicate with others.
TurboFab is an equal opportunity employer.
TurboFab conducts drug screens and background checks.
Please visit our website www.solarturbines.com for more information about our company.
Solar Turbines - 23 months ago
In spite of its name, products from Solar Turbines are not powered by the sun. The Caterpillar subsidiary designs, manufactures, and...