8AM TO 5PM
JOB DESCRIPTION – POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Job Title: Hematology & Blood Bank Supervisor
CC/Department: 7500/Clinical Laboratory
Reports to: Laboratory Director
The Hematology & Blood Bank Supervisor, is responsible for the overall management and scientific integrity of the Hematology & Blood Bank departments. Duties include coordinating the daily operations, human resources management, and all other aspects of department function .
· Baccalaureate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related health science specialty.
· Masters degree preferred.
· Five or more years bench experience, plus two years supervisory experience in a hospital laboratory setting.
· Experience with regulatory compliance, especially College of American Pathologists laboratory standards.
· Experience utilizing a Laboratory Information System, preferably Sunquest.
· Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license
· ASCP Medical Technologist certification highly desirable
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
· Detail knowledge of laboratory operations and terminology.
· Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
· Exceptional problem-solving ability
· Demonstrated skill in communicating with physicians, nursing staff, laboratory staff and other laboratory customers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer literate – strong skill in use of Word and Excel applications.
· High degree of initiative and professionalism required.
· Demonstrated ability and success in personnel management and team building essential.
· Demonstrated technical knowledge and skill in laboratory testing methods.