Commonwealth Connections Academy, a “school without walls”, is an innovative virtual educational program serving K-12 students throughout Pennsylvania in a non-classroom-based environment. A learning team, consisting of a Parent/Learning Coach, a Certified Teacher and educational specialists, work collaboratively with students using a standards-based hybrid curriculum that includes both online and offline options. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting new public schooling model that creates alternative teaching and learning options for students, parents and teachers by leveraging the latest technologies, capitalizing on recent policy initiatives and embracing a cutting edge approach to education.
Commonwealth Connections Academy is a public cyber charter school authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The school serves students in grades K–12 from anywhere in Pennsylvania. CCA is nationally accredited by the Commission on International and Trans-regional Accreditation (CITA) and the Middle States Association. 95% of all CCA parents agree their children are satisfied with the program in a 2012 survey.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Working from one of our offices in Pennsylvania, the Assistant Principal will work collaboratively with the school Principal. The Assistant Principal will manage all of the site-based, non-academic school operations. Additionally, this individual will work closely with key centralized service centers including Enrollment, Technical Support, Materials Management, Fulfillment, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Facilities Management. It is also anticipated that this individual will manage a range of special projects.
The Assistant Principal will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
• Manage the implementation of the proven Connections Academy operational protocols;
• Support the CFO in managing the school’s budget and various grants;
• Oversee student accounting functions including attendance maintenance and tracking and assisting with payment collection;
• Manage receipt, storage and maintenance of local student records.
• Manage reconciliation between Connections Academy’s data systems and state and local student information systems;
• Provided local support for facilities acquisition and maintenance;
• Act as the human resources liaison for school staff in the areas of benefits, leave tracking and the maintenance of local files;
• Act as the technology liaison for teachers and administrative staff;
• Monitor regulatory compliance and support preparation for legislative and financial audits in collaboration with the Manager of Internal Audits;
• Monitor all enrollment requirements and communicate requirements to the Enrollment Department;
• Provide state testing support including logistics for scheduling, tracking participation and contracting for testing facilities;
• Support contracting for supplemental student services;
• Monitor and track all school-based assets;
• Support the Marketing Department with student outreach, marketing and public relations;
• Stay current on the state’s policies, procedures and legislation;
• Be available to handle all emergencies; and
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
• Some operational or logistics experience and/or administrative or management experience
• Relevant advanced degree is preferred, MBA is a plus
• Education experience a plus
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment
• Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft Office products)
• Experience in managing people a plus
Offices: Harrisburg, Lehighton, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Williamsport, Dickson City
- 2 years ago - save job