Bryant & Stratton College is currently seeking an Online High School Program Coordinator. Through its partnership with a third party vendor, this individual will be responsible for sustaining an environment of academic and professional excellence for students enrolled in the Online High School program at the College. The Program Coordinator supports students and learning through student advocacy, academic coaching, customer service, and campus and community referrals. The Program Coordinator works closely with all campus departments utilizing Bryant & Stratton College’s personalized education approach to support student success and retention endeavors.
1. Serve as program leader for the Online High School partnership with our Third Party Vendor. Leadership responsibilities include recruitment and enrollment of students into the program, facilitation of learning support in the classroom and matriculation of students into Bryant & Stratton College upon successful completion of their high school program.
2. Provide instructional support with the focus on teaching and learning to help assure students in each class successfully meet all course outcomes and classroom objectives.
• Prepare and implement plans to provide individual learning facilitation in a group environment.
• Assist students to create a plan to successfully complete their online high school diploma program through thoughtful interaction and intervention strategies.
3. Serve as campus liaison with system office personnel and vendor to ensure timely communication and a high level of customer service.
4. Teach and model decision-making and problem solving skills to help students to become their own self-advocates and make independent, informed decisions regarding their academic and career future.
5. Schedule regular campus presence visits to hallways, student lounge and classrooms to proactively reach out to students and elicit regular and purposeful conversations to build student relationships, help student to affiliate with the College and to respond to emerging concerns.
6. Utilize and know when and where to apply appropriate academic advisement theories to help students strengthen their academic and career readiness skills and abilities.
7. Maintain professional relationships with admissions representatives, financial aid representatives and faculty to assure that they are easily accessible when needed to help address a student related concern.
8. Support curricular and co-curricular involvement through referral, participation and advertisement of available opportunities to students.
9. Participate in the creation and implementation of new student orientation, new student reception, student recognition programs, graduation, and other campus/department activities and other academic/advisement/student services duties as assigned by the Dean.
10. Maintain knowledge of current advisement practices through participation in professional advisement associations and maintaining commitment to regular review of scholarly academic reading within the advisement discipline.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred).
Necessary skills and abilities for the position include:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with faculty, staff and student populations
• Understand open-ended questioning, non-verbal communication and active listening
• Presentation and public speaking skills
• Strong computer and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team. Interact effectively and work collaboratively with other departments
• Ability to listen and positively respond to student and co-worker requests
• Ability to exercise judgment in the application of college policies and procedures
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing assignments and successfully meet deadlines