Location: Juneau-Douglas High School
Full Time Position (1.0 FTE)
SCHOOL COUNSELOR POSITION: Requires Alaska Type C or Type A certificate with counseling endorsement (s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ).
When appropriate, must be willing and able to test for the NCLB "highly qualified" standard(s).
Make a difference for the children in our community!
Position Summary: Consistent with the Juneau School District's mission, the high school counselor will engage in a comprehensive, developmental counseling program designed to nurture and encourage compassionate, responsible and contributing citizens by assisting all students to develop academic, career and personal/social competencies.
Minimum Requirements :
Preferred Requirements :
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in education.
- Valid Alaska Type A or Type C certificate with a counseling endorsement.
- Must be eager to collaborate with teachers and specialists in team and community building planning and activities.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience and education. The Juneau School District offers a competitive salary , excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan, see: http://www.state.ak.us/drb/dcrp/dcrplansummary.pdf .
- Master's Degree in Education from an accredited college or university preferred. Master's in Counseling from an accredited college or university may be considered.
- Experience working in a high school setting.
- Experience/background in counseling.
Visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr .
k12jobspot.com - 12 months ago