Posting Job Title: High School Intern, NOC
Requisition #: 143996BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Part Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a High School student as a NOC Intern for our Network Operations Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for monitoring all inbound e-mail and takes appropriate action
- Assist technicians to ensure that all TWC NOC tickets are kept within QA standards
- Assist with ticket creations, escalations, ticket audits, and ticket management
- Assist with alarm cleanup efforts to minimize Netcool alarm noises
- Assist the NOC in maintaining and updating TWC NOC documentation including, contact and escalation lists, notification and mailing lists, scheduled reports and written procedures.
- Various administrative tasks and duties as assigned
Required Technical Skills: Knowledge of basic computer keys is required. Knowledge of MS Word,
notepad, and Excel is preferred. Customer service experience (retail, fast food, office
environment) is a plus.
Excellent organizational capability; strong writing and interpersonal communication skills;
ability to take initiative to investigate issues and make sound judgments; comfortable working in constantly changing environment while meeting deadlines; flexibility to work with changing priorities and adapt to new processes; ability to work effectively and act professionally with all staff levels; ability to work with minimal/moderate supervision.
Education and Experience:
Currently attending high school and/or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a pension plan. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable - 19 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...