GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a High Voltage Technician on electrical equipment you will work as part of our dynamic High Voltage Engineering Laboratory developing and qualifying power conversion components and systems.
Work with various project leaders and team members to identify necessary tests to be carried out to meet the needs of various projects.
Help with the process of identifying needed parts and components for experimental setups. Acquire parts, assemble and commission test setups.
- Participate in developing test plans, setup, conduct and document tests in a laboratory or field environment on power electronics systems, cables, transformers, capacitors, insulators and other electric power equipment
- Be responsible for performing all assigned tasks associated with testing and qualification of equipment listed above
- Perform all work in accordance with Environmental Health & Safety guidelines and be a strong and active contributor to Standard Operating Procedures of lab test set-ups, in particular for experiments with both static systems and rotating electrical machines.
- Be familiar with OSHA and NEC regulations on electrical safety
- Be familiar with NFPA Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Apply popular international standards on high voltage testing such as IEEE and IEC guides.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of standard laboratory equipment.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all work. With periodic guidance, provide data for formal reports (oral and written) of all work. Take initiative to communicate work progress with team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of lab and field experience with test voltages above 138kV
- Familiar with AC, DC and impulse insulation testing
- Familiar with data acquisition techniques
- Have experience in reporting results in Word, Excel and PowerPoint reports.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Excellent experimental and observational skills
- Six-sigma trained
- Willingness to learn from team experts and to share own expertise and experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 5 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...