The Higher Education Sales Manager will be part of the Insights Group within U.S. News in our Washington, D.C. office. The Insights Group manages a number of proprietary analytics products focusing on Education and Hospital data.
This is a hands-on role that is ideal for someone with strong analytical skills, personal drive and entrepreneurial attitude. The Higher Education Sales Manager will be responsible for representing the platform at industry events, meeting with and presenting to Higher Education administrators and ultimately generating new clients for the platform.
The Academic Insights (ai.usnews.com) platform centers on the U.S. News Education rankings, allowing institutions to gain a deeper understanding of the rankings and data as well as providing performance assessment and peer benchmarking data through an interactive web interface.
Our ideal candidate:
- Develop Sales Strategy: Work with Marketing and senior management to develop sales action plan and collateral.
- Drive New Business: Develop and exceed targets for new clients and revenue.
- Represent the Brand: Present Academic Insights to high-level administrators (President, Provost, Dean). Semi-regular travel to industry events and campuses representing U.S. News’ Academic Insights platform.
- Achieve Domain Knowledge: Understand both the platform and U.S. News’ data at a deep level to provide a high level of support to users.
Applicants must provide résumé and cover letter. Please send all materials to email@example.com and include “Sales Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Direct sales experience, preferably within Higher Education
- Knowledge and understanding of Salesforce
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skills
- Fun, outgoing and easy to work with.
U.S. News & World Report - 6 months ago
Founded in 1933, the weekly national news magazine U.S.News & World Report is devoted to reporting and to analyzing national and...