s VT Office is seeking an experienced Highway Design Engineer to lead a team of civil engineers and technicians supporting various state, municipal, federal and commercial civil/transportation infrastructure design projects.
This position will require effective client development and project management skills to support and expand an established transportation engineering design practice. We are seeking a highly motivated doer with experience and existing relationships within the state and municipal transportation markets. The position will require networking with other senior personnel around the company and an innovative approach to problem solving. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills, a high energy level, and a desire to grow the practice and mentor staff.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity with a successful, generational company, please apply on-line with your cover letter, resume and transcript. Please articulate in your cover letter why you would be a successful candidate as defined below.
· Lead and mentor a group of engineering professionals responsible for the execution of infrastructure design projects for various clients.
· Provide technical expertise and project management in highway design.
· Assist with business development and marketing/proposal efforts.
· Support established Alternative Project Delivery group (Design-Build, Construction Management/General Contractor, and Public/Private Partnerships).
· Identify and target market opportunities and help build internal team to effectively compete, win, and perform work.
· Design transportation improvements for roadway and intersection design; analyze/evaluate traffic improvements; support traffic/safety studies; support land use planning and urban design studies
· Implement existing knowledge of VT environmental permitting and regulatory processes.
· 10+ years’ experience in highway design
· BS Degree in Civil Engineering
· Licensed Professional Engineer in Vermont
· Experience in the Vermont and New England markets preferred with strong client relationships and established reputation in design
Please submit applications online. For questions about this position, please contact Jennifer Marquis at email@example.com
VHB is committed to providing a challenging, fun and rewarding work environment. Our staff enjoys opportunities to grow professionally and work on interesting projects. Our dynamic, people-centric organization focuses on our culture of collaboration, personal development, and developing lasting relationships both inside and outside of our firm.
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” VHB is an 850 person firm that provides comprehensive, integrated transportation, land development and environmental services from offices throughout the east coast. VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. - 20 months ago