Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with approximately 2,000 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
Gannett Fleming is recognized as a national leader in transportation, providing a comprehensive range of services for major transportation systems and facilities – from planning, engineering, and design through construction management. The firm is consistently ranked among the country’s top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record ; it is currently #16 among the Top 50 in Transportation firms. Furthermore, its highway and bridge projects are recognized time and again with both regional and national awards. Its key services include highway, bridge, traffic, transportation systems operations and ITS, incident/emergency management, toll facility, and tunnel design, as well as Design-Build delivery.
Our Transportation Practice is currently seeking a Highway Engineer to provide highway and related roadway design services in our Columbus, OH office. Come join our team!
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Prepare plans required for construction of projects
- Review roadway and drainage designs
- Prepare reports required by the project development process
- Complete tasks with multidiscipline teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- An EI is required but a P.E. is preferred with the ability to become registered in Ohio
- Must have 4-8 years of related highway design experience
- Must have a technical design background in at least one of the following areas: highway drainage, highway
- design, traffic engineering
- Familiarity with AASHTO and OMUTCD standards
- Prior design experience with Ohio Department of Transportation projects
- Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design Software (MicroStation and GeoPak) required
- Knowledge of GeoPak’s Corridor Modeler is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience using AutoCAD is a plus
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Highway Design Engineer Transportation Engineer Senior Engineer Project Manager Highways ODOT EIT DOT Manage Roadway Transit ITS
Gannett Fleming is a global infrastructure firm that provides planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a...