This is a part-time positionworking approximently 25-35 hours per week which may include weekends. Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule.
This is a pipline job opening used to collect resumes for current and future openings. We may not may not have a current opening in the area. By applying to this requisition you are expressing your interest in this position and having a recruiter or hiring manager contact once a position becomes availavle.
Penske Truck Leasing seeks highly motivated and qualified applicants to fill the unique position of Hiker (Vehicle Transporter/Driver). This position is responsible for delivering and returning vehicles to Penske locations and Penske customers. Position may include assistance to the service department to deliver parts and equipment.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures while driving trucks to destination of Penske location or customer locations
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order, report to location manager if any issues are found
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit
- 2 years of verifiable driving experience required
- 2 years of a clean DMV motor vehicle record required
- CDL Class B license required
- CDL Class A license preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work independently, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
to learn more about the company and its products and services.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
12840 48th Ave. South
12840 48th Ave. South
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group,...