Addus HealthCare has been helping seniors and people with disabilities to remain healthy at home since 1979 and we are one of the largest in-home care providers in Illinois and nationally. We serve over 24,000 clients daily and employ over 13,000 people.
An Addus Home Care Aide serves a vital function in support of seniors and people with disabilities living independently in their homes, but who need assistance with daily tasks. There is frequent person-to-person contact in this job, and a Home Care Aide becomes very important to their client. While physical activity is not constant, a Home Care Aide needs to be in good physical condition to perform the duties of the position. The need for Home Care Aides is great, so employment is steady and hours can be flexible to accommodate personal/family needs. A Home Care Aide is a great entry level position with opportunity for growth in one of the fastest growing industries in the United States.
As an Addus Home Care Aide, you will:
- Follow a care plan for the client and report on completed tasks
- Assist with personal care (bathing, dressing, etc.)
- Provide routine house cleaning
- Assist with meal preparation
- Transport client to doctor’s office, grocery store and other essential errands
- Assist client with the self-administration of medications (no administering or measuring)
- As part of the client’s Health Care Team, a Home Care Aide must observe and report any changes in client’s condition
- Promote our positive image in the community as the leading home care provider
Addus HomeCare is there for those who need in-home personal and medical care services. Doing business through subsidiary Addus HealthCare,...