HOME CARE BRANCH OPERATIONS MANAGER
- Ensure the efficient, effective utilization of existing staffing resources.
- Evaluate and monitor the quality of services delivered and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Supervise and evaluate job performance of each Home Care Patient Care Coordinator and Home Care Operations Support Technician to ensure compliance with established performance expectations and standards of practice. Assist the Home Care Patient Care Coordinator with performance management of clinical staff, as indicated.
- Participate in orientation, competency evaluation, and education/training
activities that are appropriate to identified learning needs of all Home Care staff.
- Monitor clinical processes, charting/documentation, and financial data to ensure that all services are provided efficiently and effectively with appropriate resource utilization.
- Facilitate the delivery of Home Care services by acting as a resource for staff, physicians, referral sources, patients, and other internal and external customers.
- Provide direct patient care to include case management, care planning, and coordination of services, as necessary.
- Perform human resources functions in accordance with agency policy and procedure to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory, OSHA, and CDC guidelines, and accepted principles of infection control.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Visit www.libertyhomecare.com for more information.
- Must be knowledgeable of Home Care operational procedures and clinical processes.
- Must have an understanding of the principles of Federal Condition of Participation (CoPs), State and Local Regulations, and financial management of home care service.
- Must possess the ability to analyze financial and statistical data.
- Must demonstrate high-level problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Must possess good clinical nursing skills.
- Must have current knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid coverage and Home Care documentation guidelines and standards of medical record keeping.
- Must be able to use a personal computer and have a working knowledge of a variety of computer applications (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be able to speak clearly and effectively, communicate orally and in writing, and be able to demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and communicate in a professional and tactful manner with all internal and external customers.
- Registered nurse with a current license in the state in which the sub-unit/branch offices are located. BSN preferred. Minimum of five years clinical nursing experience to include specific experience in Home Care services and regulatory standards.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience. Other health-related degrees, including healthcare administration would be considered with the right mix of management experience and skills.
Background checks/drug-free workplace.
Apply here or send resume to:
Liberty Home Care & Hospice
Attn: Human Resources
2334 South 41st Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Liberty Healthcare Companies
- 2 years ago - save job
We believe our employees make our company and we make every effort to treat them well. Yes, we offer competitive compensation and benefits...