Primary responsibility is to promote and grow Contractor's Choice, Martha Stewart, Thomasville Classic, Thomasville Value, & Decorá in The Home Depot home improvement stores while capturing market share from existing competitors. Sales for these products will be gained through product and sales training, competitive analysis, and computer design program training. For strong candidates, we are willing to train in our business and product line if those skills are not already possessed.
The Home Depot Area Sales Manager reports to the territory's Regional Sales Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Grow MasterBrand sales for The Home Depot in the designated territory, which has a geographic center of Houston, TX but has concentrations of stores in the Austin, San Antonio, and Southern Texas border areas as well. There are currently 96 stores in this territory.
- Train and become mentors for new in-store designers in The Home Depot.
- Build relationships and generate sales from existing in-store designers.
- Assist designers in closing store sales.
- Manage sales visits to each store in the territory every 2-8 weeks. This requires the ability to travel as often as business needs require, which is frequently with some possible overnights to cover the entire territory.
- Facilitate issue resolution for unsatisfied customers.
- Receive product in new stores and existing stores - ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Consistently demonstrate the 5 Traits of Success: Teamwork, Integrity, Hard Work, Confidence, and Passion.
- Other duties as may be assigned at management's discretion.
These are trainable attributes, but strong candidates may have these experiences as well:
- Outgoing, driven personality
- Strong consultative and persuasive selling skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Aggressive self-starter with strong bias for action and results orientation.
- Flexible; ability to adapt style/approach based on situational dynamics.
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Education, Travel and Physical Requirements:
- Kitchen design experience
- 20/20 design software experience
- Experience with large home centers
- Sales skills and background
- Cabinet industry knowledge
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- High school diploma/equivalent is minimally required.
- Bachelor's-level degree in Business, Marketing, Design, or a related field is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel inside territory the majority of week days with some possible overnight stays required; typical driving time is 2-3 hours per day. Ability to drive up to 6 hours per day when required.
- Ability to travel to local, regional and national meetings, shows, or designated training, usually not more than 4 days each and usually not more than 3 trips per year of this kind.
- Valid driver's license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...