The Home Health Aide is trained to provide personal care and related services to patients in their home. The Home Health Aide functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the Administrator and/or Clinical Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: By following the Home Health Aide Care Plan and /or assignment form, which has been completed by the Registered Nurse, the aide provides the following:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applies appropriate and safe techniques in helping the patient to maintain good personal hygiene and safe environment.
- Assists the patient with ambulation. Uses safe transfer and ambulation techniques.
- Readingand recording temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Maintains basic infection control procedures.
- Recognizes emergencies with knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Assists the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative process and understands normal range of motion and positioning.
- Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan.
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household.
- Establishes a relationship with patient and family, which transmit trust and confidentiality.
- Prepare a report of the visit on the day it is performed and incorporates it in the clinical record weekly.
- Reports any change in body functions and/or mental status in the home situation and the care or service provided to her immediate supervisor, the staff nurse, or to the Nurse Supervisor.
- Carry out assignment as instructed by the nurse and report to the nurse when they are unable to do so.
- Respect for patient’s rights, privacy and property.
- Attends all HHA meetings and continuing education per Medicare requirements.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive, bending and standing.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of providing patient care, ambulating patients, transferring patients, assisting with exercises, etc according to proper techniques of body mechanics.
- Must be able to use good and sound judgment.
- Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
- Must follow up as needed and appropriately with RHH clinical and management staff pertaining to any concerns regarding patient care.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Possession of certificate issued by Hospice and Homecare Foundation/National Association of Home Care OR Completion of Board approved skills demonstration and High school graduate or GED equivalent NLN written test.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in home health care or related health care field preferred.
- CPR certification
Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver's License, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile. Must have and maintain in good standing certification for Home Health Aide.
Residential Home Health LLC - 14 months ago