Responsible for carrying out and/or assisting the patient with personal care, providing and maintaining physical and emotional comfort. Home Health Aide assists the patient toward the maximum level of independent living as assigned by RN or PT on Home Health Aide Plan of Care. Hospice Aide provides care as directed by the Hospice Plan of Care.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- High-school diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of training program specified in Home Health or Hospice Conditions of Participation required.
- Twelve hours continuing education every 12 months, per Home Health and Hospice regulations, is required.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
- Ability to create successful interpersonal relationships with the patient and family is required.
- Competency evaluation as specified in Home Health or Hospice Conditions of Participation is required.
- On the job training, as per individual unit policy, is required.
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers or Red Cross Professional Rescuer required.
- Current certified CNA/CHHA, or a current nursing student enrolled in an RN program and has completed fundamentals of nursing required.
- Current Indiana driver's license, proof of insurance and a safe driving record required.
- *Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Constantly (67 - 100%): Walking and Bending/Stooping
- Frequently (34 - 66%): Reaching and Twisting
- Occasionally (1 - 33%): Computer Usage, Kneeling/Squatting and Sitting
- Rarely (< 1%): Climbing stairs or ladders and Crawling
- Will constantly carry up to 10 lbs and rarely carry above 26 lbs
- Will constantly lift up to 10 lbs and rarely lift above 26 lbs
- Will constantly pull up to 10 lbs, frequently pull up to 25 lbs and occasionally pull up to 100+ lbs
- Will constantly push up to 10 lbs, frequently push up to 25 lbs and occasionally push up to 100+ lbs
Bloomington Hospital - 13 months ago