Come work for WILLCARE because we're home.
A family-started, independent, proprietary leader in the home health field, WILLCARE has been at the forefront of skilled and non-skilled home health services since its formation in 1983. Focusing on preventive, rehabilitative and therapeutic care in all applicable settings, from skilled nursing and rehabilitation to personalized care, we customize each care plan to the unique needs of our patients – always understanding that kindness and compassion is as crucial to the process as any other form of treatment.
WILLCARE owns and operates Medicare-certified home health agencies, licensed home care agencies and supplemental staffing businesses in New York, Ohio and Connecticut. WILLCARE is a significant health care employer, with more than 2,100 people working in 14 branch offices and 6 recruitment / training sites.
After more than 30 years caring for the people in the regions we serve, a visit from WILLCARE is a visit from family.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (HHA) POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide personal care and other duties to patients in their homes as outlined by the patient's individual Plan of Care. All care / tasks provided are as authorized by the State as acceptable for the level of care in which the employee is functioning and must be detailed on the patient's Aide Care Plan. See Attachment for Summary of approved tasks by care level.
HHA ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
HHA EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist patients with personal care activities to promote comfort of care as outlined in the patient's individualized Plan of Care.
- May plan / prepare nutritious meals and assist in feeding patients as directed.
- Document services provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Agency Policy and Plan of Care. Must maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Measure and record patient's temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when requested and / or directed by the nursing supervisor and Plan of Care.
- Immediately report any changes in the patient's condition or incidents to the Nursing Department in a timely manner.
- Perform tasks / skills as outlined on the Plan of Care competently.
- Notify the Nursing Department when clarification or education of a task is required.
- Submit timecards / activity sheets in a timely manner (i.e. weekly).
- Implement appropriate infection control practices.
- Demonstrate appropriate judgment skills and decision making abilities in routine patient care matters and emergencies.
- Assist patient with Passive Range of Motion (PROM) when requested and / or directed by the nursing supervisor / physical therapist or per the Plan of Care.
- Assist with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as allowed according to State regulations.
HHA PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of a training / competency program as prescribed by the Regulatory Agencies of the State in which employed and referenced in the WILLCARE Training Resource Manual and shall possess written evidence of such completion.
- Must be mature, emotionally stable and must display a sympathetic attitude toward providing services for patients at home who have medical problems.
- Ability to communicate well in English.
- Pass a physical examination after being offered employment and a health assessment annually thereafter. Must obtain a statement from MD stating that the employee is free of communicable diseases.
- Ability to travel day-to-day within geographic areas.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift ,and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
- May be exposed to dog / cat hair, dust, mold, mildew and household cleaning solutions.
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings.
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the service community.
- Endure exposure to weather and temperature extremes.
WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty good job...