Treating seniors with the compassion and quality of home care they deserve is not only part of the mission of Senior Home Care; it is at the very core of everything we do. Each year, the divisions of Senior Home Care deliver care to more than 50,000 seniors with personalized home health care programs created with the individual and their specific needs in mind.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Registered Nurse to our team.
The RN shall furnish services in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, federal, state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices of Senior Home Care. The RN is qualified by education, training, experience and demonstrated abilities to work with and under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
1. Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by initiating plan of care, regularly re-evaluating patient needs, and revising the plan of care as necessary in accordance with the SHC policy.
2. Evaluates patients, families and home environment for admission to and continued service from the agency while maintaining confidentiality.
3. Provides comprehensive nursing care through the utilization of the home assessment, nursing diagnosis and care plans.
4. Performs treatment(s) requiring specialized skills ordered by the physician.
5. Observes signs and symptoms and reports them to the DOCS/Designee and/or physician immediately. Notes change in patient’s physical or emotional status.
6. Educates and supervises the patient and family members regarding the nursing care needs.
7. Participates in case conferences as scheduled. Incorporates and communicates effectively with other team members in the care of patients.
8. Initiates and sustains the implementation of orders for medications and treatment as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
9. Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant clinical noted (electronic/paper) including all admission, recertification and other OASIS data in a timely manner.
10. Assists in maintenance of clinical record (electronic/paper), assuring compliance with Medicare and Federal guidelines.
11. Prepares written care plans for Home Health Aides and updates during case conference and/or as needed.
12. Assist in investigation of all clinical variances and assists with chart audits and submits documentation as needed for PI studies.
13. Assists with orientation and on-going training of nurses and home health aides.
14. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and independence.
15. Assists patient’s family/caregiver and other health care personnel in providing continuity of care.
16. Supervises home health aides with his/her service area or as directed per agency policy.
17. Follows on-call policies and participates in the on-call program as designated by the Director of Clinical Services.
18. Assists in the supervision of LPN staff as needed.
19. Maintain a safe work environment to minimize risk to patient and staff by complying with all safety/risk/OSHA policies and procedures.
20. Assume responsibility for professional growth and development by active participation in continuing education, in-service programs, orientation and personal evaluation.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
2. Current Registered Nurse license in the state of operation.
3. Require a minimum of three (3) years experience as an RN, require one (1) year in acute care setting. Current home health medical, surgical or critical experience preferred. (LA waived for recent clinical experience as a LPN.
4. Possess good interpersonal communication and teaching skills.
5. Demonstrate ability to make appropriate nursing judgments.
Senior Home Care - 14 months ago