This position requires excellent analytical skills and a thorough understanding of lending programs, policies and procedures, as well as related legal requirements. Good organizational abilities and a willingness to assist others are also critical to the successful execution of this position.
Counsel members on the home financing process. Reviews approximate costs associated with each product, anticipated closing time frames, rates/pricing.
Acts as liaison between members, vendors, real estate agents, and management team to insure a smooth purchase or refinance transaction.
Accepts loan applications and enters data from members in the approved format as defined in SWAFCU Real Estate Lending Policy.
Responsible for gathering a complete loan application and all required supporting documentation to meet underwriting guidelines of specified product. Sets up the file in the correct stacking order.
Checks for accuracy of borrower reported information with supporting documentation provided. Assets and liabilities should match documentation, which supports the credit decision on the loan.
Collects appropriate fees for each loan application.
Insures that State and Federal compliance guidelines are met in the origination and processing of the loan.
May order appraisals, title commitments, credit reports, and communicates to borrowers when a pest inspection, septic inspection, structural inspection will be required.
Enters accurate and complete information into the SWACU software programs.
Should have thorough knowledge of Desktop Underwriter conditions and private mortgage insurance conditions. Submits completed application and all accurate supporting documents to underwriting; provide timely feedback of information to borrower(s).
Issues conditional pre-approval letters to borrowers after underwriting and delivers decline, withdrawn and incomplete file conditions to borrower(s) in a timely accurate manner.
Forwards an approved and complete credit package to the closing department ready for preparation of loan closing documents.
Cooperates with other department personnel to insure a “team effort” and prompt member service.
Successfully manages the Pipeline Report of files in production to meet closing deadlines and to promptly address work flows.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent; additional course work in business or related field. Associates degree and/or work experience preferred
- Two or more years experience in mortgage origination and/or production
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work accurately, independently, and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of financial statements, credit reports, tax returns, and appraisals
- Full understanding of conventional underwriting requirements
- Ability to handle pressure to meet production deadlines
- FICS LP/MS preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Crystal Reports, Excel, Outlook, Word strongly preferred
- Sound credit judgment
- Strong math ability
- Good organizational skills and attentive to detail
- Able to operate required computer applications, typewriter, 10-key, and other basic business machines