Home Preservation Specialist 1
Serves as the single point of contact to borrowers and/or agencies whose loans are delinquent or at high risk for delinquency. Recommend solutions to maintain home ownership, including HAMP, proprietary modifications, repayment plans. If modification options are not possible, discuss liquidation options including short sales, deed in lieu, etc. Responsible for analyzing the borrower s financial situation and making recommendations on loan modifications/workout options to resolve delinquency. Identify, maintain, track and log requested documentation for loan modification review. Communicate with borrowers and/or agencies of loan modification decision, current status, options, timelines, coordination touch points, and borrower obligations through the process.
Duties include (not limited to):
**** Work Schedule****
- Answer inbound inquiries from borrowers regarding status of the loss mitigation, loan modification, short sale and foreclosure process.
- Interview borrower to understand borrower's specific situation; identify and request the appropriate documents required for loan modification review.
- Access information on multiple systems to inform borrowers of loan terms, important dates and deadlines.
- Communicate and coordinate with multiple Servicing departments (both internal and external to WF) informing the borrower of current status, options, next steps; remain as the single point of contact to borrower throughout the loss mitigation, loan modification, and foreclosure process.
- Ensure necessary information and complete packages are received in a timely manner, maintained, tracked, and logged in multiple systems.
- Place outbound calls to notify borrowers when additional loan document information is required; follow up on loan docs.
- Notify and inform borrowers of decisions as they are made.
- Notify and inform borrowers of changes to established dates/timelines throughout process. - Work with borrower to set up work out payment plans.
- Work with customer to bring account up to date through collections.
- Work with borrower to set up and follow up on good faith payments.
- Work with borrower to get loan modifications signed and closed.
- Work with borrower to obtain broker information for short sale process.
- Provide information to borrowers on the escalation/complaint procedures/process within WF.
- Ensure borrowers understand their obligations throughout each step of process, including timelines and coordination touch points with other Servicing partners.
- Effectively Work in a team environment in an effort to achieve team/volume goals and provide superior customer service.
Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
Hours of operation:
Monday- Thursday 6am to 9pm AZ time
Friday 6am to 5pm AZ time
Saturday 6am to 3pm AZ time
Sunday 8am- 5pm AZ time
2+ years experience in mortgage loan origination, telesales, collections, default servicing, customer service or loss mitigation or BS/BA.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Call center experience in a collections, modifications, or consumer lending position and/or Bachelor's Degree, in Business, Finance, Communications and/or related field.
- Provide a high level of integrity and be adaptable in a constantly changing business environment.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills with the ability to multitask that requires following business needs while meeting strict deadlines.
- Proficient PC Skills - MS Office: Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment Must be a team player and be effective in both oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to adhere to government and company specific policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Knowledge of foreclosure, retention, and deed in lieu processes.
- Background in collections, loss Mitigation and bankruptcy.
- Previous experience effectively managing a "book of business" or a pipeline of work.
- Experience in state specific housing laws.
- Experience discussing loan documentation over the phone (requesting and collecting docs).
- Mortgage/Home Equity product/process experience.
- Data entry into multiple systems of record such as: YOM, Shaw, Hogan, EDM.
Wells Fargo - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...