The Field Technician Supervisor (FTS) provides leadership and manages the overall performance of front-line technicians who install, upgrade, troubleshoot and service Partner systems to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Reviews performance, addresses escalated issues and resolves problems for a team of technicians and ensures they are successful. A variety of skills are needed, including management, multi-tasking, communication, computer, and negotiation. Ensures a high level of profitability through the successful management of metrics, overall customer satisfaction, adequate staffing levels, training and maximization of asset utilization in order to achieve company goals and ensure service excellence.
- Monitor and manage technicians on key performance indicators including On Time Delivery, Completion Rate, Customer Satisfaction, Service/Repeat Calls, Upsell Rate, Install/Repair Duration, Past Pending/Due, Reschedules, etc.
- Monitor daily technician productivity data and utilize to schedule employees, manage resources, and reward/counsel employees for productivity
- Ensure technician compliance with MasTec and Partner policies and procedures
- Communicate daily with Partner Routing Manager to ensure proper management of installation and service calendars
- Communicate daily with Partner Warehouse Manager to ensure adequate equipment stock levels
- Manage operational cost control programs including monitoring fuel consumption, overtime management, and cell phone usage
- Work closely with the Partner Fleet Manager and MasTec Safety to ensure compliance with all vehicle policies and procedures
- Work closely with Sub-partner principals and supervisors to ensure compliance with all MasTec and Partner policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Operations staff on logistics and weather-related emergencies as needed
- Incorporates principles of teamwork with all organizational levels in the resolution, completion and follow-up of various responsibilities; coach and mentor team members of varying levels of experience
- Participate in employee evaluations making recommendations for improvement and implement training initiatives for staff which includes ensuring training for promotional opportunities
- Assist with counseling and coordination of corrective actions
- Ensure that employees are receiving the appropriate training required to be successful
- Ensure all new/ current employees are equipped with the proper tools, nametags, identification, uniforms, shoes and communication devices
- Perform Quality Inspections on a consistent basis and within guidelines; train, and/or up train employees on the standards of installation and service; bring jobs up to spec. if needed
- Inspect vehicles on a regular basis. Coordinate arrangements for required maintenance
- Provide continuous training for defensive driving and other safety related issues
- Investigate Motor Vehicle Accidents and/or Personal Injuries and file reports with Risk Management within the time frame directed
- Submit and resolve all damage claims, to include negotiations with customers, filing reports, submitting check requests, obtaining release forms and submitted payroll deductions for the parties at fault
- Participate in operational meetings in order to promote communication and morale
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley policies and procedures as they relate to the daily operation of the business
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, state, federal and Company payroll policies and procedures; ensure the timely submission of accurate and complete time records including all appropriate signatures and certifications
- Hire technicians and manage new market launch activities
- Travel as needed
- Perform other projects and/or tasks as assigned and/or needed
Job Specific Skills:
- Expert ability in understanding, selecting , developing and motivating people
- Expert interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Expert organizational and planning skills; attention to detail; productive with quality
- Proven ability to prioritize and drive tasks and projects to completion
- Expert ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues
- Demonstrated ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to effectively solve problems using sound judgment under pressure
- Demonstrated history of a commitment to ethics, honesty, integrity and credibility
- Prior experience managing detailed reports and maintaining accurate and complete records
- Work history demonstrating outstanding customer service
Associate Degree/technical school equivalent OR combination of education/experience required.
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience supervising and performing security & alarm installation, service, troubleshooting and programming. Minimum of four (4) years supervisor experience may be substituted for previously stated education and experience.
Office and field or warehouse work. Frequently: Standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds over head, carrying up to 50 pounds, climbing a 40-foot ladder, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion, eye/hand/foot coordination. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Licensed per state and local requirements for Home Security and Fire Alarm Supervision (as required)
- Proven proficiency in network integration of systems
- Working knowledge of blueprints, diagrams and installation plans
- Must successfully pass criminal background check and pre-employment motor vehicle and
- drug screen; valid state driver’s license
MasTec Advanced Technologies - 24 months ago
MasTec, Inc. (MasTec) is a specialty contractor operating mainly throughout the United States and Canada, and across a range of industries....