Under the direction of the Early Head Start Coordinator, this position develops relationships with and leads home visits to low-income families in Early Head Start. Responsibilities include conducting strengths-based family and child assessments, identifying and connecting families to additional resources, screening and working with the children on developmental skills, and nurturing the development of a strong parent-child relationship to achieve identified goals.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Conduct weekly home visits to assigned caseload to foster prenatal care, positive parenting and family dynamics, health and wellness, child and home safety, child development, and self-sufficiency.
- Conduct child development, health, nutrition, oral health, mental health, and parenting assessments, activities and education.
- Complete developmental screenings and assessments with enrolled children and make referrals if a developmental delay is suspected.
- Coach participants in the process of developing and implementing family goals, recognize accomplishments and assist in identification of barriers to achieving goals and strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Refer participants to community resources and other agencies, and participate in joint home visiting with other agencies to assist in the coordination of services.
- Implement and/or coordinate strengths-based child and family assessments and assist with goal and priority setting.
- Develop, plan and conduct group socializations and other program events for families.
- Assist in outreach activities and recruitment, including enrollment paperwork.
- Two years of post-secondary education in social work, parent education, or related field and 2 years of experience working with children and/or families in diverse communities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation on a daily basis required.
- Must have the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a variety of multi-ethnic and socio-economic groups and/or individuals, including non-English speaking families.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook) and entering information in a complex database.
- Comfortable with utilizing mobile technology (Tablets, Mobile Applications, Texting).
- Experience working with parents and children ages birth through 3 highly desirable.
- Experience working in a home visiting setting highly desirable.
- Experience with Head Start beneficial.
- Knowledge/experience in case management and client advocacy preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and physically capable of reacting to the demands of developing infants and toddlers and older children.
Early Head Start
M-F, 40 hours/week
Job Posting Dates
July 1 - until filled
Community Action offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, 403(b) retirement account, generous vacation/pto policy, and employee discount programs.
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties - 13 months ago