Parent Child Home Home Visitors will deliver the Parent Child Home program at Leake & Watts which promotes early literacy in children ages 18 months to 3 years old to children and families. Using a gentle approach, Home Visitors model reading, playing, and conversation activities using books and educational toys to parents with their children in play sessions. "Play" sessions will include reading books to children and modeling to parents how they can interact with their children during reading such as asking their child a question about the Cat in the Hat or what color is Clifford the Dog.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Specific to the Leake & Watts Parent Child Home program, the Home Visitor will be responsible for the following:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engage parents and their children in interactive "play" sessions for 30-minutes twice weekly.
- Take detailed progress notes of each family visit
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Record attendance and Parent Child Home Sessions
Education and/or Experience
- H.S Diploma or GED required
- Be able to work flexible after-school and evening hours to accommodate the needs of families
- Must Enjoy playing and reading with young children
- In activities that involve puzzles or building blocks, Home Visitors will demonstrate be able to use their imagination to create tall buildings, encouraging children to think creatively, and learning basic numbers by counting blocks.
Leake & Watts - 19 months ago
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...