Do you have a passion for helping consumers choose home products and services they depend on in their everyday life?
The Home & Appliance area is one of traditional strength for CR. Consumers look to us when making the big purchases--the fridge and the dishwasher-- as well as smaller items such as light bulbs and paint.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative content creator to help us make our mission even more relevant and competitive in the digital age. Come bring your editorial and strategic talent to the only truly independent brand committed to creating high-quality, consumer centric content.
The right candidate will have a keen sense of the unique content proposition that CR’s content has in a densely competitive marketplace. He or she will care deeply about understanding the challenges and needs facing today’s consumer as well as skills to coach the content team to create unique and compelling content packages across platforms from print to online to mobile.
The Content Development Team Leader needs to be a creative content developer in all platforms; a masterful matrix manager of a team that includes engineers, writers, and editors, and a leader who can bring together testers, writers and advocates for the good of the consumer.
We seek someone with a special appreciation for CR’s unique role as a consumer protection non-profit and our mission as a powerful public voice for the consumer, as it particularly relates to home products and services and the safety issues surrounding these products.
• College graduate or equivalent background with significant experience writing and editing content and meeting strict deadlines.
• Able to translate complex statistical and technical data into accurate, well-written, well-organized and compelling content in a range of media formats.
• Superior managerial skills to manage teams of content creators across interdepartmental groups that are critical to the group’s success; e.g., communications (public relations), product testing, legal, fact checking, quality control, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills and well developed judgment
• Understanding of the unique content needs and conventions across a variety of content platforms, including print, website, social media
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software; knowledge of state-of-the-art page design software.
• Contributes significantly to the content strategy for the Home and Appliances consumer focus area (CFA) which in turn supports the mission and overall strategic goals of the organization.
• Manages a staff of editors, writers, and market analysts working hand-in-glove with our world- class engineers.
• Is responsible for seeking out and mining consumer behavior data for purposes of creating leading-edge, consumer-focused content, and staying abreast of competitive media offerings and market developments to ensure that CR remains a top consumer choice for information.
• Has a passion for changing the marketplace for the better for consumers.
• Plans, schedules, assigns, top edits and/or edits all content for all platforms and helps inform the editorial calendars of each.
• Ensures the organization maintains an appropriate level of internal and external expertise for the product or services categories that the incumbent leads, and that all related content is current, effective, engaging and relevant
• Is responsible for maximizing the skills and output of the content team, including hiring and performance management
• May act as media spokesperson for TV, radio, and social media outlets
- 11 months ago - save job