Care Initiatives Hospice is currently recruiting for a full time hospice aide to serve in Cedar Rapids and the surrounding communities. If you are extremely team focused and thrive in this type of atmosphere, we are looking for you to join our team! Please contact Kristina Carte, Team Director, at 319-390-4161, or KCarte@CareInitiatives.org, for further information.
Drug screen required!
The hospice aide provides personal care and light home maintenance assistance to Care Initiatives Hospice patients in accordance with the written care plan. Hospice aide services are directly managed and supervised by the registered nurse case manager, registered nurse, or licensed practical nurse. The hospice aide functions according to operational policies and procedures to meet patient/family/caregiver needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements, Care Initiatives Hospice Policies and Procedures and Care Initiatives Hospice Clinical Team Procedures.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
Position reports to: Team Director
- Provide care to Care Initiatives Hospice patients following organizational policies and procedures.
- Report patients’ needs and concerns to a registered nurse, social worker or Team Director.
- Successfully completed an Iowa approved 75 hour nurse-aide training course.
- Completes and passes the Care Initiatives Hospice competency test within five days of hire.
- Obtains hospice nursing assistant certification (Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Assistant - CHPNA) within 24 months of employment.
- Current Iowa driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Obtains 12 hours of annual in-service.
- Home health aide procedures.
- Universal health care precautions.
- Home health aide/hospice aide/certified nursing assistant services provided for compensation during the previous 24 months.
- Functional literacy in written and spoken English.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to timely, completely and accurately accomplish assignments.
- Ability to access business and patient homes.
- Ability to function with limited supervision.
< BACK TO AVAILABLE OPENINGS
- Choose from 3 health insurance plans.
- 403b with match.
- Anniversary Bonus Program.
- Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Holiday Pay.
- Life Insurance.