Come explore the exciting opportunity to contribute within a growing organization! Pathways Home Health & Hospice is celebrating over 35 years of service in the Greater Bay Area and has an immediate opening. We are currently looking for a dedicated Hospice Aide that will provide personal care, home hygiene services and other supportive services to persons who are receiving Hospice care at home.
The work week for this position is weekdays & weekends working early hours from 6:30am - 3pm with flexibility to start later if necessary.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Hospice Aide provides in-home personal care and supportive services to Hospice patients under the direct supervision of each patient’s case manager in accordance with a comprehensive patient care plan. Personal care and supportive services include assisting a patient in bathing needs, skin and nail care, backrub, oral hygiene, passive range of motion, linen changes, assisting with ambulation devices, toileting activities, assisting with feeding the patient; maintaining safe kitchen and bathroom; monitoring of vital signs and assist patient/family as specified by case
manager or supervisor. Supportive services include comfort measures and integrative therapies such as aroma therapy, Comfort Touch©™; providing companionship and conversation with patient and family members plus activities such as reading to or sitting quietly with patient. The ideal candidate provides feedback to case manager regarding changes in patient’s physical, social, or psychological condition; and makes changes in care as directed. They assist in training individuals or families in care of terminally ill patients. This individual also performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training for this position in alignment with the goals and mission of Pathways Home Health & Hospice.
- Current California Home Health Aide Certification
- Interest and ability to work with terminally ill patients in a variety of settings; recent experience providing personal care to patients/clients, preferred
- Effective communication skills with demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Current California driver's license and automobile insurance with the minimum Bodily Injury Liability Insurance coverage per agency policy
- Current CPR certification-American Heart Association “BLS Health Care Provider” required upon renewal
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
There are several ways to apply for this job:
We will contact you if your qualifications best meet our requirements for a position we have available.
- Click the link in the Options Section below to apply on-line.
- Email your resume to: email@example.com
- Fax: 408-730-8700
- Mail your resume: 585 North Mary Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085 Attn: Human Resources Dept.
- Drop into one of our offices
- Download the Pathways employment application form and email, fax or mail it to us.