Home health and hospice care continues to be among the fastest growing segments of the health care industry. The need for highly skilled, passionate home health and hospice care professionals grows along with it. State-of-the-Heart Careers from Great Lakes Caring, is designed to offer health care professionals better opportunities for advancement, education, flexibility and authority in their fields of specialization.
At Great Lakes Caring, we understand that the recruitment and retention of dedicated health care professionals makes the delivery of superior quality home health and hospice possible. We value every member of the Great Lakes Caring family by offering you competitive benefits, greater career security, new areas for your professional growth and the opportunity to create treasured relationships with the very special patients they will care for.
The Certified Aide provides personal health care, and related services and additional tasks as assigned to the client in the home; assists in providing a safe and hygienic environment, work cooperatively with patient and family and share observations and problems with the supervisor. Works under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. May be required to work an on-call weekend rotation to meet the needs of patients 24/7.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Travel to patients homes and facilities
- Assist patient with ADLs
- Assist patient and patient’s family with routine care
- Share any observations made with supervisor
- Documentation of patient care, needs and progress
- Attend team conferences
Caring for Our Own Family – AVAILABLE BENEFITS
Great Lakes Caring health care professionals are our most important and treasured asset. Without their caring, compassion and commitment to providing absolute superior quality health care services, we would not continue to succeed like we have. The road to better health care starts with a State-of-the-Heart work environment. Therefore, we place a great emphasis on providing resources and benefits that enhance the workplace and the work lives of our team members. These benefits include access to:
- Complete required work on a daily basis.
- Cope with work involving ill, disabled, and dying patients.
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently. Must be able to lift at least 25lbs and bear the weight of an average adult effectively so as to be able to perform the above listed functions.
- Move equipment and supplies necessary for job functions.
- Read in a 12 point or larger type, speak and write English in order to fulfill job functions in an understandable way.
- See/hear or use prosthetics that enable accomplishment of job.
- Meet the health requirements of the agency.
- Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
- Abide by all occupational safety and bloodborne pathogen protocol to minimize illness and/or injury.
- Move, support and/or transfer patients as required to perform essential functions of position.
- Health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts—medical and dependent
- Dental plans
- Retirement savings (401k)
- Life insurance
- NURSECAR℠ company car program
- Travel reimbursement
- Mobile electronic devices
- Disability insurance—short and long term
- Regular bonuses
- Paid time off
- Recognition for exceptional performance
- Annual awards program
- Special company events and raffles
- Send Us An Angel employee referral bonus program
Must be able to read and write in English and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively. Demonstrates interest in the welfare of the ill and elderly and desires to provide care in the home. Ability to pass competency evaluation prior to performing care. Must be self motivated.
At least 1 year experience in the last 24 months as a Certified Aide or Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home or home health agency.
- Active Aide license/certification, as required by state or federal regulations
- Must have current and valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance coverage.
- Minimum one year experience as a Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant in a health care facility
- Current CPR certification preferred
- Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Great Lakes Caring is one of the nation’s leading providers of a continuum of healthcare, consisting of home health, palliative, and...