Essential Job Duties:
Operations Management & Administration
- Reviews all records.
- Collects, assembles, checks and files client charts as required.
- Attends and participates in meetings and in-service training programs.
Quality & Compliance Management
Education/Experience - Minimum Requirements :
- Assists in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the medical records section in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Advises Administrator on federal and state laws concerning medical records.
- Reviews department policies and procedures, at least annually, and participate in making recommended changes
- Ensures that incomplete records/charts are returned to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in developing procedures to ensure records are properly assembled, coded, signed, indexed, etc., before filing.
- Assures established policies and procedures for the medical records section are followed by all personnel.
- Assures that work area(s)/equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
- Maintains the confidentiality/rights of all clients and their care information.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma/equivalent.
- Must be a graduate of an approved course for medical records technology.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year experience in medical records in a health care/long-term care facility.