The Medical Social Worker is a qualified professional that provides skilled social services to patients on an intermittent basis in the patient’s place of residence. These medical social work services are performed in accordance with the physician’s orders, plan of care, and are coordinated with other team members.
Medical Social Worker
Why We Love Our Work...
H omecare is the fastest growing segment of health care. And Great Lakes Caring is driving superior quality home health care and hospice across the Midwest. Every day, The Great Lakes Caring team make a difference—bringing compassion, exceptional care, patient education and state-of-the-art technologies to the homes of thousands of patients.
Great Lakes Caring excels at hands-on care and extraordinary caring with an unsurpassed commitment to clinical excellence. They are immensely valued and sincerely respected. They are reliable and self-motivated. Their compassionate care is unsurpassed—from developing high quality care plans to building relationships between physicians, families, patients and their fellow caregivers in all disciplines. Their opinions and input matter. Great Lakes Caring nurses make a difference every day.
Why We Love Great Lakes Caring...
Great Lakes Caring is leading the way to the highest quality home health care. Great Lakes Caring continues to grow at an exceptional rate—creating next-generation industry-leading programs, extensive care services, and our growing fleet of one-of-a-kind NURSECAR™ vehicles.
By joining the nationally recognized, award-winning Great Lakes Caring team, you join an exceptionally strong, financial stable, top-ranked Medicare provider. As such, Great Lakes Caring offers a wide-range of opportunities, experiences, benefits, innovative technology and state-of-the-art equipment.
A few great Benefits of a Great Lakes Caring Career...
As a Great Lakes Social Worker, you will...
- Freedom and independence in your day-to-day work activities
- Excellent competitive compensation
- Industry-unique NURSECAR™ program or travel reimbursement
- Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) mobile device
- Outstanding opportunities for career growth, education, professional credentialing and advancement
- Unwavering support from an award-winning team of health care professionals and clinicians
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and much more
Spend more quality time with patients: assess their needs, oversee their care plan and ensure their medical goals are achieved
- Maintain peace of mind knowing that Great Lakes Caring embraces and is nationally recognized for regulatory compliance throughout the company
- Develop and maintain quality communication between patients, physicians, case managers, Great Lakes Caring personnel, caregivers, and families
- Document patient treatments, needs and progress with accuracy and clarity
- Educate and instruct home health aides, caregivers and family members on treatments, outcomes and resources
- Play an important part in care conferences, offering insight and clinical suggestions
- Show patience and understanding, but also use time effectively
- Stay informed of state, federal, local and privatized health care requirements and policies
- Continue to grow professionally through ongoing educational programs
A Story That Starts From The Heart
Great Lakes Caring is dedicated to its talented health care professionals, because it was started by a homecare nurse. As a nurse, Cheri Lyn Deary recognized a need for comprehensive, high quality home health care options. With her passion for uncompromising, superior quality of care, she established groundbreaking standards in home health. That was back in 1994. Today, Great Lakes Caring is nationally recognized for its superior quality of care in the home and an extraordinary future for its employees.
We'd Love To Hear From You!
For more information about at Great Lakes Caring, please email or contact our Talent Acquisition Department at 517-780-9500.
Great Lakes Caring is an equal opportunity employer.
Social work skills as defined as generally accepted social work standards. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills. CPR required.
1 year experience in a social services setting or home health environment preferred.