Goodwin House Hospice nurses care for our residents in our Alexandria and Bailey’s Crossroads locations. We are a small hospice program, offering flexible scheduling and little travel, and work in an interdisciplinary team with our Social Work, Nursing, and Chaplaincy staff.
We are currently seeking a FULL TIME HOSPICE NURSING DIRECTOR. The RN in this position will manage and supervise all hospice nursing services as well as provide assessment, plan of care development, and bedside care. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and criteria that assure care will be delivered in accordance with established standards.
Assures that hospice services are available as needed.
Participates in internal training programs, QI reviews, development of personnel policies, and budget responsibilities.
Assumes the responsibilities of Hospice Nurse Case Manager in his/her absence.
1. Must have current RN licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact state.
2. Must have CPR certification.
3. Hospice and Palliative Care certification preferred.
4. Minimum of 5 years RN experience; hospice, acute care, long term care setting preferred.
5. Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of terminally ill residents and families in varied settings.
6. Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress, tolerance of individual lifestyles.
7. Demonstrated clinical, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Goodwin House - 18 months ago