BCLS certification required
Current State of Maine RN license
Valid Maine Driver's License required
Minimum 1 year experience required
Responsible for providing patient and family centered hospice care to individuals with a life limiting illness . Care is provided in a variety of settings, including patient or family homes, nursing facilities, and inpatient facilities. This RN works with the hospice interdisciplinary team to ensure the provision of coordinated care. The Hospice After Hours Field RN fulfills the need for excellent patient and family care in the early evening hours, and responds to unscheduled patient needs after hours Monday through Friday.
- Must have either a current State of Maine Registered Nurse (RN) license or an RN license recognized by the Nurse Licensure Compact ( https://www.ncsbn.org/nlc.htm ). If RN licensure is from a compact state, must obtain a state of Maine RN license within 90 days of changing primary residency to Maine
- Hospice and Palliative Care Certification preferred
- Associate’s degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s degree (BSN) preferred
- 1 year or more acute med/surg or equivalent RN experience required; e xperience in homecare or hospice preferred
- Thorough knowledge and skill in current nursing practice
- Successful candidates are organized and skilled in problem solving, clinical assessment and care provision, verbal and written communication, and coordination of care.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the provision of patient and family centered, relationship-based care
MaineGeneral Health - 22 months ago