Experience: Experience in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, intensive care preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
The person in this position works in collaboration with a physician, and other palliative care team members, in an active practice to deliver palliative care and related health care services to patients and families.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Perform bedside palliative care patient/family evaluation.
- Collaborate with patient’s physician, other health care team members, the patient, and family in developing realistic care expectations based on patient’s goals of care.
- Facilitate patient and family decision making regarding treatment decisions.
- Assist with diagnosis, treatment, and management of acute and chronic health
- Order, perform, and interpret laboratory and radiology tests within scope of professional practice.
- Prescribe medications including controlled substances to the extent delegated and licensed.
- Determines effectiveness of interdisciplinary treatment plan, evaluates patient’s response, and revises plan of care accordingly.
- Perform other therapeutic or corrective measures as indicated, including urgent care.
- Consult with palliative care physician or designees as needed, inform primary physician of services provided and collaborate with other physicians as needed.
- Assist in all facets of care coordination for palliative care referrals.
- Prepare and maintain accurate patient records, charts, and documents to support sound medical practice and reimbursement for services provided.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations with respect to Collaborative Agreements.
- Conduct routine rounds of the palliative care patients and provide written documentation.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families for understanding of diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment plans.
- Initiate reimbursement for services rendered.
- Provide training and continuing education for staff.
- Assist in development of clinical practice guidelines/standards in support of quality palliative care.
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. As employees of Cone Health, our behaviors must be aligned with our values of Caring for Our Patients, Caring for Each Other, and Caring for Our Communities. Our Standards of Behavior reinforce these corporate values and reflect our commitment to Service Excellence. Our Standards of Behavior are:
o Maintain a professional appearance.
o Demonstrate a positive attitude to all customers and fellow employees.
o Maintain a safe, clean and attractive environment.
o Communicate with compassion and courtesy.
o Anticipate customer needs.
o Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
2. Knowledge of professional medical practice and care to give and evaluate patient care.
3. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
4. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
5. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
6. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of professional clinical care to provide on-going patient care.
7. Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical condition and interpreting findings.
8. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
9. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
10. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
11. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
12. Ability to communicate clearly.
13. Physical job demands may be subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Exceptional People Providing Exceptional Care!
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on.
Extraordinary patient care is about being “high-touch” as well as “high-tech”. Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community!
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Cone Health invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).
Cone Health - 21 months ago