The Cook II is responsible for preparing food products that represent Biltmore’s standards for all dining, banquet and a la carte services. Cook IIs are generally charged with a la carte line work, hot food and pantry preparation, as well as banquet and buffet production. The success of this position will be measured by guest satisfaction, cleanliness, organization, product quality, consistency and timeliness of service. (Starting at $11.00/hr. or more based on qualifications)
· High school diploma. Culinary training and/or certifications preferred.
· At least one (1) year of related culinary experience in a full-service restaurant. The ideal candidate will have had two (2) years of prior experience in a fine dining/upscale dining environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Demonstrated commitment to providing world class guest service and stellar dining experiences.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team dynamic environment with time sensitivities and production deadlines.
· Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
· Ability to read and execute recipes.
· Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
· Ability to take initiative and be proactive where appropriate.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and creatively problem solve as necessary.
· Ability to be professional in both appearance and demeanor at all times.
· Able to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis for periods of up to 10 hours a day.
· Able to work effectively in a kitchen environment with occasional extremes in temperature (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.
Biltmore - 30+ days ago
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...