Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Santa Clara is currently seeking an enthusiastic hospitality professional to fill a Front Office Lead position. This individual brings with them a true passion for excellence, a strong technical know-how, impressive leadership skills and -- most importantly -- a "Can-Do" attitude! The ideal candidate will hold the team accountable for performing at a high level, and lead by example as a champion for guest service.
Job Overview: The Front Office Lead will oversee the daily operations of the Front Office, including the Front Desk, Reservations, Night Audit, The Front Office Lead will provide support and training to the staff, and work together with the leadership team to effectively provide superior customer service to hotel guests. All responsibilities shall be carried out in a timely, accurate, and professional manner to ensure the effectiveness of hotel operations.
This position requires flexible scheduling availability, according to business needs, and will regularly cover weekends and holidays. Extensive knowledge of OPERA Property Management System is highly preferred.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
*People who love to share their experience and skills with those around them; who genuinely care about others and support their staff in creating authentic interactions with guests.
*Bright and engaging people who are passionate about making connections.
*Those who will go to great lengths to ensure that service deliverables are met and never have the attitude, "it's not my job."
1. Hotel supervisory/Lead experience preferred.
2. Proficiency in OPERA Property Management System is highly preferred.
3. High school graduate, some college.
4. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, management, co-workers and vendors.
5. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
6. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
7. Ability to work through customer service related issues and problem solve
8. Computer knowledge in Windows environment.
9. Must be over 18 and have a valid California driver's license with acceptable driving record.
10. Ability to work a variety of varying schedules shift including Night Audit.
11. Punctuality, and regular and reliable attendance.
12. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises daily front office functions to sustain courteous and professional guest service levels.
- Resolve guest complaints in a satisfactory manner.
- Maximize daily room sales including upselling and walk-in reservations.
- Coordinate daily group arrival/departure preparation, special requests, room assignments and guest amenity programs.
- Support and comply with company's reservation program.
- Follow up with front office staff on daily shift and individual duties.
- Perform verbal instruction and guidance compliant with the company's policy.
- Complete daily property walks and complete manager on duty reports.
- Support and comply with hotel policy and company policy in matters concerning accounting, purchasing, credit and cash handling.
- Responsible for maintaining front office/lobby appearance while on duty.
- Maintain proper collateral and supply inventory to support all appropriate front office activities.
- Coordinate the relocation of guests when necessary.
- Any other duties or responsibilities which might be required by hotel management.
- Support and comply with all company standards.
- Ensure Front Office complies with company's fire, evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, unassisted.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, unassisted.
Please ensure you meet all qualification requirements and have no scheduling restrictions before applying. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.