The Lounge Server is responsible for coordinating food and beverage service for guests and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a world class experience that exceeds guest expectations. Servers will deliver gracious hospitality and ensure all guests receive friendly, courteous and prompt service at all times following proscribed and established Biltmore service standards. Position is primarily charge with guest service support for lunch and tea, as well as the lounge and lobby bar.
· High school diploma.
· Previous serving experience in a full-service restaurant or upscale bar required. The ideal candidate will have had at least six (6) months of related bar or restaurant experience in a fine dining/upscale setting, preferably in a multi-unit, luxury hotel/resort.
· Demonstrated commitment to delivering world class guest service and anticipating and exceeding guest expectations.
· Excellent guest relation and communications skills are a must; should be comfortable and able to offer warm, sincere, and gracious hospitality to guests.
· Knowledge of beer, wines, spirits, and/or cordials helpful.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to handle a variety of guest service situations in a manner consistent with Biltmore standards.
· Terrific attention to details.
· Ability to and comfort with using listening skills and suggestive selling techniques to help meet the dining needs of guests.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, guest service environment.
· Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to be proactive, exercise good judgment, and take initiative as appropriate.
· Ability to be professional in both appearance and demeanor in accordance with Biltmore standards.
· Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
· Lifting up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent bending, lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee may work both indoors and outside in a restaurant or kitchen environment with fluctuations in temperature and weather conditions.
Biltmore - 11 months ago
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...