FIP Ventures is searching for a Hotel Manager who will create and foster a welcoming environment for our guests from the moment they book their reservation to the day they depart the island. As a premier vacation destination, the Hotel Manager will be dedicated to the creation of memorable experiences for every guest.
This position will oversee the operation of our 14 room hotel, resort housekeeping, and ancillary resort services, reporting to the Director of Operations & General Manager. This position will oversee a housekeeping team and interns.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate opening the hotel for the season
- Manage the web-based Property Management System
- Field online inquiries and calls for reservations, responding to guests immediately to secure reservations
- Facilitate guest check in and check out
- Coordinate and oversee the housekeeping team to ensure property cleanliness
- Post daily rates throughout the property for walk-in and day-tripper acquisition
- Perform daily on-site inspections to ensure the property meets standards
- Responsible for ensuring the hotel office is staffed at all times during scheduled hours of operation
- Inspect guest rooms prior to guest checkin to ensure quality, reporting maintenance to Director of Operations
- Create solutions to opportunities, ensuring standards and procedures are followed
- Attend weekly meetings onsite with the management team to review hotel performance
- Coordinate the acquisition of necessary operational resources and supplies
- Facilitate the booking of ancillary resort services through the hotel office
- Facilitate the sale of tickets, gift cards, etc. from the hotel office
- Coordinate closing of the property with Director of Operations
The Hotel Manager position includes accommodations on property during the season, a Food & Beverage credit and performance incentive plan.
- Passion for hospitality is a must
- Prior hotel or resort experience is preferred
- Proficient use of a PC or Mac, particularly internet based software
- Professional written and verbal communication skills a must
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.