Summary of Job Description
The Operations Supervisor (OS) is responsible for assisting the Business Manager (BM) in consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the property by accomplishing performance objectives in business revenues, guest and associate satisfaction, and operational effectiveness and efficiencies. Operations Supervisor will coordinate direct and manage day-to-day operations in the absence of BM. As manager on duty (MOD), OS is accountable for coordinating all departments to ensure the smooth-running operation and achievement of profit objectives. The OS is responsible for operating the property within Company Standard Operating Procedures, follows Company guidelines, and exhibits a strong commitment to compliance with all applicable laws and safety regulations. Front Desk Supervisor, Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Engineer report directly to the Operations Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist BM in managing all activities of the property including , staff training, maintenance and operational cost controls.
2. Act in the capacity of Head Housekeeper, which includes scheduling and recruiting staff in addition to inspecting a certain number of rooms on a daily basis.
3. Support BM in goal setting, motivation, and discipline of employees, control labor expenses, and resolving guest related issues.
4. Act as manager on duty (MOD) in the absence of BM and professionally represent the Company
When covering as the BM, the operations Supervisor will also be responsible for BM level responsibilities during their shift. Examples of those duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Positive Guest Experience:
· Ensure information is available regarding property and local amenities. Identify and address guest issues from customer complaint calls.
· Assist BM in the follow up and responding to all guest comments on Market Matrix, Expedia, hotels.com, TripAdvisor , Travelocity, Orbitz and any others as needed.
2. Staffing and Supervision:
· Supervision of property staff in the BM’s absence (may include scheduling, and responding to staffing shortages).
· Participation in the interview process to ensure all positions are filled as quickly as possible.
3. Employee Relations:
· Maintain positive employee relations at the property.
· Respond to employee and guest concerns and complaints.
· Set the example for employee interaction with each other.
· Assist in training and orientation of all new employees.
· Report any counseling or disciplinary needs to the BM, so they can be properly addressed and resolved.
4. Quality Adherence
· Conduct daily pre-shift meetings with housekeeping, front office and maintenance staff in order to share information regarding special request, project assignments, staffing issues, etc.
· Conduct daily property and room inspections to ensure compliance with quality standards.
· Maintenance of property grounds in compliance with standards.
· Review daily housekeeping and maintenance inspection reports and coordinate corrective actions required between housekeeping and maintenance in a timely manner.
· Take immediate action on rooms with damaged FF&E items or malfunctioning equipment for repair and maintenance.
· Maintain complete records of facility inspection and communicate with Director of Facilities on actions taken. Report any property damage to the Director of Facilities and Treasurer for insurance purposes.
· Ensure enforcement of Company’s 28 day policy in regard to guest stays.
· Ensure compliance with GNI quality audit standards.
· Assist in ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
5. Financial Accountability:
· Timely and accurate payroll and bookkeeping and maintaining property records
· Daily bank deposits as needed.
6. Safeguard all GNI Assets:
· Maintain the integrity of the motel’s compliance with the company’s safety and security program. Adhere to all company policies, practices, procedures and guidelines, including facilitation of monthly safety committee meetings and inspections. This further includes immediately reporting all injuries as well as near accidents by following established procedures.
· Ensure that all personal protective equipment (PPE) is being properly utilized.
· Issue supplies and equipment as needed.
· Perform duties of front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, or other supervisory staff as needed due to special circumstances. This includes being available to break employees for their meal and rest periods.
8. OS Additional Accountability:
· Maintain accurate records of hours worked and not worked, including overtime, if any, work assigned schedule and remain flexible enough to work additional hours necessitated by unusual circumstances or occurrences: comply with company’s incident reporting guidelines and immediately contact the BM, VPO or other appropriate management personnel as required by emergency situations ( for example, serious security incident, employee situation, significant damage to the property, receipt of legal documents, media contact, etc.)
9. Other Duties as Assigned
The following requirements may change depending on the individual property and according to the confines of the workspace available for any required task .
1. Operation of an automobile and a valid driver’s license.
2. Minimum high school diploma or GED completion.
3. Computer proficiency sufficient to complete payroll and general record keeping.
4. Stand, walk, or sit alternately, depending on specific daily demands. Approximately 75% of the time is spent on feet and 25% sitting at a desk.
5. Firm and simple grasping are required when performing most duties.
6. Up to 50% of the time may have to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat: crawl: climb stairs/ladder: kneel” push or pull: twists torso: reach above shoulder level.
7. Lifting and carrying bulk supplies weighing up to 90 pounds. Typically the maximum weight carries is 50 pounds on an average of twice daily for distances up to 40 feet.
8. Must be able to meet the job requirements for all property positions in order to perform them as needed.
1. Must be able to communicate with corporate staff effectively and take directions.
2. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the property when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· 2+ Years of hospitality or related field preferred.
· Have or be working towards CHS certification.
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing effectively with guests, vendors, and associates.
· Must read, write and speak the English language fluently.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills as well as other computer skills to perform job duties efficiently
Leadership Skills and Characteristics
· Exhibits strong leadership qualities
· Goal oriented with desire for professional growth.
· A self starter, organized and efficient time management.
· Motivated with high energy for multi-task position.
· At ease in interaction with guests and employees.
· Directing, motivating, and effectively involving all employees.
Good Nite Inn - 17 months ago