The Public Area Attendant will maintain and clean public areas within Biltmore standards at the Inn on Biltmore Estate and offer exceptional guest service. Duties include: upkeep and presentation of bathrooms, hallways, employee areas, pool area, terraces, verandas, fitness center, etc.; dusting, vacuuming, polishing furniture, and sanitizing bathrooms; and responsibility for floor care, ash urns, outdoor furniture, and pool supply replenishments. Duties may also include deep cleaning projects within areas.
· Previous experience in a similar custodial/janitorial/housekeeping position is preferred. The ideal candidate will have had previous experience in an upscale/luxury hotel or resort.
· Commitment to delivering world class guest service and the ability to work successfully as part of a dynamic, guest-service oriented team.
· Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to perform essential job functions with speed and accuracy.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to handle/operate safely small commercial cleaning equipment, chemicals, solutions, and treatments.
· Ability to be proactive and take initiative as appropriate.
· Should be able to anticipate and understand guest needs.
· Ability to work independently and under deadlines, and exercise good judgment.
· Lift, carry, push and pull 25–50 pounds frequently.
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
· Endure various physical movements throughout work areas and over duration of work shift such as kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching overhead, etc.
· Ability to work in an environment that may include:
Variable conditions and noise levels
Outdoor environments with fluctuations in temperature and weather conditions
Exposure to fumes, dust and chemicals, moving mechanical parts