The Public Area Attendant will maintain and clean public areas within Biltmore standards at the Inn on Biltmore Estate and offer exceptional guest service. Duties include: upkeep and presentation of bathrooms, hallways, employee areas, pool area, terraces, verandas, fitness center, etc.; dusting, vacuuming, polishing furniture, and sanitizing bathrooms; and responsibility for floor care, ash urns, outdoor furniture, and pool supply replenishments. Duties may also include deep cleaning projects within areas.
· Previous experience in a similar custodial/janitorial/housekeeping position is preferred. The ideal candidate will have had previous experience in an upscale/luxury hotel or resort.
· Commitment to delivering world class guest service and the ability to work successfully as part of a dynamic, guest-service oriented team.
· Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to perform essential job functions with speed and accuracy.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to handle/operate safely small commercial cleaning equipment, chemicals, solutions, and treatments.
· Ability to be proactive and take initiative as appropriate.
· Should be able to anticipate and understand guest needs.
· Ability to work independently and under deadlines, and exercise good judgment.
· Lift, carry, push and pull 25–50 pounds frequently.
· Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
· Endure various physical movements throughout work areas and over duration of work shift such as kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching overhead, etc.
· Ability to work in an environment that may include:
Variable conditions and noise levels
Outdoor environments with fluctuations in temperature and weather conditions
Exposure to fumes, dust and chemicals, moving mechanical parts
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...