The Group Sales Manager represents the property with a professional appearance and sales persona. Research, contact, develop and maintain relationships with Tour Professionals, Tour Companies and Operators, Travel Agencies and other special interest groups. The ability and willingness to negotiate prioritize and manage staff and various accounts. Coordinate Bus and Group Business, having a strong product and industry knowledge and a clear understanding of the industry and competitive set/competition. Successfully find opportunities to provide maximum occupancy levels for the property while securing the highest rates the market will allow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ability and willingness to perform various sales tasks such as giving sales presentations, public speaking and providing site inspections. Exhibit strong traits in the areas of organization, planning and development, problem solving, customer resolution, written and oral communications. Meeting and exceeding goals established by the Director of Sales.
2. Research, prospecting, developing customer and industry contacts, negotiation skills, multitasking, management of numerous groups/bus sales accounts. Sound judgment. New business development. Strong awareness and understanding of property strengths and weaknesses and knowledge of the competition.
3. Travels and sales presentations, public speaking, FAM trips and inspections. Knowledge of sales principles and application on a daily basis to Tourism and Hotel Sales.
4. Trade Shows, cold calling, reports and reporting. All related work and position requirements. Complete and perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales or Hotel General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
1. Able and willing to travel.
2. Capable of sitting, standing or walking for long periods of time.
3. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High School or equivalent, sales experience with 1 or more years in a Hotel background with hotel sales background preferred.
2. Competency in Office and computer knowledge/skills.
3. Public speaking skills.
4. Written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Planning, using arithmetic, reading, directing others, making decisions, working at various tempos, concentrating amid distractions, examining and observing details.
Standing, sitting, walking.
The above job analysis is for the sole purpose of complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not to be construed to include all employees employed in each job classification. The Employer reserves the right to change the requirements of each job analysis as changes in business and/or technology dictate. All weights, distances, and measurements cited in this job analysis are approximations.
Tropicana Entertainment - 14 months ago
This gaming company is no one-trick pony. Penn National Gaming owns, operates, and has ownership interests in almost 30 horseracing and...