Location : Gastineau Elementary School
Hourly Position (Less than 15 hours per week)
SUMMARY: Working primarily with students who are not in special education, presents material and activities to improve skills in assigned areas that may include reading, writing, math, computers and/or vocational education. Works individually or in small groups. Records grades and other measures of students' progress and behavior.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Files and record keeping.
- Personal computers and related software.
- School age children's behavior.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide instructional assistance in assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
Compensation: This is a part-time position working less than 15 hours per week with a pay rate of $11.80 per hour. This is a non-benefited position.
- High school diploma.
- Some prior experience working with school age children preferred.
- CPR, first aid and district approved behavioral management techniques may be required.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a criminal background check.
To apply please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr .
k12jobspot.com - 30+ days ago