Clean and maintain public hotel areas according to established brand/ hotel guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Housekeeping Supervisor/Guest Service Agent – Executive Housekeeper or Front Office Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Greet and acknowledge guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Inspect assigned areas and perform cleaning tasks accordingly.
- Collect trash from the service landings and dispose of in outside trash dumpsters.
- Vacuum and dust guest corridors.
- Pick up bed and other linen from hotel floors and transport to laundry collection site.
- Deliver clean linen to assigned sections.
- Report maintenance issues.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of guest areas.
- Respond to guest inquiries and assistance.
- Work as a room attendant when staffing shortages occur or during peak periods.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience required or equivalent training preferred.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, pulling,lifting up to 25 pounds, reaching, bending and kneeling to reach all areas.
- Usage of cleaning chemicals.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Hersha Hospitality Management
- 2 years ago - save job