1. Assist two defense attorneys in the preparation and organization of files for litigation and trial (electronic and paper).
2. Assist two defense attorneys in the drafting and reviewing of documents and materials for court.
3. Communicate with clients to ensure professional, prompt and courteous litigation defense.
4. Communicate with outside parties as needed to gather information and materials needed for the defense of clients.
5. Communicate with Grange claims legal personnel as needed to gather information and materials needed for the defense of clients, and to provide status and updates on pending litigation matters.
6. Assist the defense attorneys in the maintaining of pending and closed litigation files in an efficient, professional and standardized (both electronic and paper files).
7. Oversee the legal secretary in the opening and closing of litigation defense files (electronic and paper).
8. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
1. Performs other litigation/trial support duties as needed by the house counsel office.
Paralegal degree or equivalent education and experience required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two year’s related experience required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must possess ability to review and organize medical records/bills and assist in the handling of bodily injury/negligence litigation. Must possess ability to open, set-up and close litigation files (both electronic and paper). Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail needed.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 14 months ago