To provide administrative support to defense attorneys and paralegals so as to ensure the smooth flow of communications, records and information within the house counsel office and with the clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Open, handle, distribute, organize and prepare mail and communications (both electronic and paper received or to be sent via e-mail, fax, delivery service and/or regular/certified U.S. mail).
2. Maintain good knowledge of computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
3. Word process correspondence and documents and enter a variety of information on the computer.
4. Accurately transcribe dictation.
5. Maintain knowledge of the phone system and provide customer service to clients/callers.
6. Assist the office paralegal in the opening and closing of new litigation defense files (electronic and paper).
7. Assist the defense attorneys in maintaining pending and closed litigation files in an efficient, professional and standardized manner (electronic and paper).
8. Update and maintain office trial/discovery calendar.
9. Update and maintain office attendance/status calendar.
10. Oversee maintenance of office machines and order supplies for the office.
11. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
High school graduate plus one year of legal secretary experience required. Defense firm experience preferred. Strong communication and organization skills required, the ability to handle multiple priorities and maintain confidential information a must, as you will be dealing with attorney-client privilege matters. Good knowledge of multi-line phone system, personal computers, word processing, and typing speed of 55 wpm also necessary.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 10 months ago