- Provides direction, guidance, and support to staff on weekend, holidays, evening, and night shifts that promotes quality patient outcomes; patient, physician, and staff satisfaction; fiscal accountability; and staff development.
· Maintains shift responsibility and accountability for operations across units and divisions.
· Provides “in the moment” mentoring and coaching of staff that fosters an environment of innovation, empowerment, and acceptance of change.
· Assures established policies, procedures and standards are utilized in providing care.
· Assures compliance with successful outcomes as prescribed by all State, Federal, and regulatory agencies.
· Works closely with other departments to assist with processes that affect patient safety, clinical outcomes, and patient experience. Minimum Qualifications:
· Graduate of an approved professional (RN) nursing program.
· Current Michigan licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, or related field required. Master of Science desirable.
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant nursing experience, with at least 2 years clinical practice in acute care setting.
· Analytical skills necessary in order to interpret and enforce policies and procedures and identify and initiate appropriate corrective actions to resolve problems.