Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes almost 100,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, over 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
Address: 144 Dudley Street
City: Roxbury State: MA ZipCode: 02119
Title of Position: House Manager
The House Manager is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of the property and its residents. House Manager is to make routine building inspections, respond to life and safety emergencies, perform minor tasks in and around the property, and to document each and every occurrence during “on-duty” hours. By doing this, the House Manager will create a safe and comfortable environment for all residents, guests of residents, and anyone else who enters the property.
1. In order to monitor the security and safety of the residents, the House Manager must walk the building once each night before 12:00 midnight and once each morning, before 7:00am. During these walks the House Manager should make sure that all entry and exit doors are closing and locking properly.
2. Respond to life-safety issues by calling ambulance, fire department, and the police department, as needed during the on-duty hours.
3. Respond to any and all security issues that occur during the on-duty period, as well as responsible for notifying supervisors.
1. The House Manager is responsible for documenting any and all activity that occurs in the building or on the property. This includes, but is not limited to, lockouts, routine walks property with date and time, any emergency services called or that have responded, maintenance concerns (flooding, damage, door locks, malfunctioning washing machines/dryers), etc.
2. Responsible for maintaining open lines of communications with supervisors regarding all incidents at the building or on the property.
1. Responsible for ensuring that buildings and grounds, public areas, roads, parking areas, and recreational facilities are all maintained according to company policy. If it is observed that facilities are not being maintained to company standards, such information should be reported to the House Manager’s supervisors as soon as possible.
2. During routine walks of the property, the House Manager should check for and note lights that are out or timers that are set incorrectly as this creates a security concern. This includes back stairwells and hallways and lights that are inside and outside of the building.
4. Should the House Manager notice a public street light near the property that is not working, he/she should note the address and pole number and report it to the Property Manager so that management may make the local public works department aware.
3. All observations should be recorded in the House Managers Logbook and reported to the Property Manager as soon as possible.
4. Emergencies should be reported immediately to the maintenance person on call. The on call maintenance person can be reached 24-hours per day by calling 617-442-8472.
5. The House Manager is to assist with tenant lockouts during on-duty hours. House managers are provided with master keys to the building and are only permitted to open unit doors for residents (list of which will be provided by the Property Manager).
D. Social Services
1. Must have a background in the social services or mental health field.
2. Establishes and maintains active resident relations with all residents by promoting good will, in person and in writing, in accordance with company standards and policies.
2. Continually works to maintain a quiet, peaceful environment for all residents. When disruption occurs, the House manage should notify the local Police Department and, if available at the property, the contracted security company. The House manager should not take any action that may put his/her personal safety at risk. The incident should be noted in the log book and reported to the Property Manager as soon as possible.
3. Work directly with the Property Manager and Resident Service Coordinator, as needed.
4. Attend monthly and/or bi-monthly meetings to discuss the status of the Property, safety and security concerns, and other topics as they become relevant to the management of the Property. All meetings will be scheduled by the Property Manager and/or Director of Resident Services.
5. Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, Resident Resource Coordinator, or Director of Resident Services.
Qualifications/Requirements: (use bullet points to identified qualifications/requirements)
Anticipated Work Schedule:
The House Manager is expected to be available in person and/or “on call” Monday through Friday from 7:00PM to 7:00AM. He/She will also be expected to provide a minimum of one (1) hour office time available five (5) days a week during the 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM shift. The House Manager is also expected to be available on an “on-call” basis on all weekends. Should a House Manager expect to be away or out of the building for an extended period of time he/she must inform the Property Manager & Director of Resident Service of their expected absence.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 10 months ago