GRADE: A/B 16
OBJECTIVE: To provide a loving and nurturing environment
to the clients in our care and prepare them for
independent living, foster care, adoption or other
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Provide behavioral health overlay interventions to
clients under the direction and supervision of clinical
- Implement day treatment programs.
- Implement program rules and behavior modification
- Supervise and positively interact with children/youth.
- Engage in and supervise age appropriate play
activities with children/youth.
- Direct children/youth in eating, resting and personal
- Conduct oneself as a "role model" for children/youth;
provide appropriate direction of children/youth in their
daily routine; give children/youth positive
reinforcement as appropriate.
- Participate in treatment planning process with
- Provide daily living skills and social skills as part
- Conduct and document required fire drills.
- Dispense medication to children/youth as instructed.
- Provide first aid treatment as necessary.
- Maintain complete and accurate daily records and
reports; document all BHOS interventions in a timely
- Maintain company vehicle in clean condition and good
- Maintain a safe and clean home environment.
- Maintain contact with case manager, therapist and
Program Director to ensure client needs are met.
- Actively participate as contact for schools and
- Respond to special circumstances of clients which
might necessitate medical or behavioral emergencies.
- Prepare meals utilizing provided menus.
- Participate in quality improvement process.
- May transport children/youth to school and medical
appointments as necessary.
- May reconcile petty cash.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of work experience in a similar environment
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Services, Psychology or
- Previous experience working with emotionally disturbed
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with
- Ability to effectively interact with children/youth
- Ability to speak, read and write English at the high
school level; ability to document BHOS interventions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Basic First Aid & CPR skills
- Ability to transport clients
- Ability to observe individuals and report accurate
- Ability to build trusting relationships with
clients/children/youth and effectively interact with
clients from diverse cultures
- Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening
- Ability to intervene decisively when necessary to
Needed Physical Requirements: Sitting, Standing,
Walking, Lifting, Carrying, Kneeling, Pushing/Pulling,
Bending/Stooping, Reaching, Driving
Preferred Physical Requirements: Climbing,
Children's Home Society of Florida - 2 years ago