Janitor: The Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central hotel in Kearny Mesa is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic person to join our housekeeping team as a lobby attendant.
Organization Name: Huntington Hotel Group
Organization Website: http://www.huntingtonhotelgroup.com
About Our Organization: Huntington Hotel Group specializes in the operation and management of Marriott and Hilton branded select service hotels; the premier brands in the hospitality industry.
Job Title: Janitor
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager, Housekeeping Supervisor
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to maintain cleanliness of all public areas throughout the hotel and to carry out other housekeeping and delivery functions as requested by guests, front desk associates, and management. Apply on-line at www.huntingtonhotelgroup.com .
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas including lobby, restrooms, parking lot, pool area, break room, exercise room, and offices. Cleaning duties include mopping, vacuuming, carpet shampooing, emptying trash, wiping down various surfaces, picking up debris, cleaning windows, etc.
- Communicate frequently with guests to provide directions, answer questions, etc.
- Works in a safe manner
- Delivers guest requests within 10 minute time frame
- Removes cots and cribs, miscellaneous items from the hallway
- Cleans landing areas and stairs
- Cleans vending areas and vending machines daily; mops all floors
- Vacuums hallways and corridors
- Spot cleans windows and corridor wall vinyl
- Cleans elevator tracks on outside of elevators; polishes brass plates
- Completes all special assignments
- Turns in keys at end of shift
- Arrives to work on time for scheduled shift
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA’s), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- Previous experience in a cleaning position required
- Local candidates only - San Diego county residents
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions
- Regularly exposed to vibration
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or other chemicals.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
FLSA: non - exempt
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Huntington Hotel Group
- 3 years ago - save job